Re: Registration of media typeimage/svg+xml

2010-06-17 14:12:52
Dear Chris,

Could I suggest to add in this registration clipboard format names as part of the additional information so that applications use them consistently?

I would suggest the following for uncompressed svg as a first approximation, but maybe there are existing attempts already?

- Windows: "SVG Image"
- MacOSX Uniform Type Identifier: org.w3c.svg conforms to public.image and to public.xml

I am doubting that the 4-letter codes are still in use but I may be wrong.

paul

  Additional information:

       Magic number(s):

       File extension(s):
               svg, svgz (if gzip-compressed)

       Macintosh file type code(s):
               "svg " (all lowercase, with a space character as the
               fourth letter), "svgz" (all lowercase, if
               gzip-compressed).