Re: Internet SYN Flooding, spoofing attacks

2000-02-13 17:20:02

Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu writes:
Given that RFC2267 is over 2 years old now, what *do* you suggest the network
community at large do to motivate the sites that still haven't
implemented it?

I think a simple motivation is appearing on the horizon. Lawyers are
revving up their word processors as we speak. I mean, here are all
these nice, deep-pocketed public companies that aren't taking an
action they fully know could reduce risk for third parties, and even
saying in public how it costs too much. Can you say "negligence suit
nirvana"? I knew you could.

As much as I hate the lawsharks, every once in a while they do some
good in motivating change.

Perry