Re: Internet SYN Flooding, spoofing attacks

2000-02-14 17:40:02
At 03:41 PM 02/14/2000 -0800, Charles E. Perkins wrote:

Mobile IP would like to send out packets with the mobile node's
home address, while it is attached to a network in a foreign
domain.  The home address is likely to look "incorrect" from
the standpoint of such a filter.

If I'm not mistaken (although my coauthor has tracked the mobile
ip cruft more than have I), there is some notion of a tunneling
mechanism from the first-hop mobile ip gateway, such that the
bogon source is really never seen in that fashion (as a bogon).

Again, I admit complete ignorance of mobile ip cruft.

Plus I don't think the gain is worth the pain.  I'd rather see
a technology that actually solves the problem instead of swatting
at gnats with a sledge hammer.

Well, right now, you get swatted. Figure out a better way, and
you'll stop getting swatted.

- paul