Re: Internet SYN Flooding, spoofing attacks

2000-02-15 10:30:03
From: Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu

Well.. as soon as somebody presents us with "the real solution", we'll start
implementing.  In the meantime, filtering is the best we know how to do.

I really wish "we" actually knew how to filter.

Just as I feared when the news broke, I'm seeing more paths where neither
traceroute nor ping work, apparently because some of "us" are so expert
that we turn off all of ICMP, and never mind intermittent blackholes from
Path MTU Discovery or diagnosing routing or other mere technical problems.