TCP Encapsulation within TCP

2000-03-01 03:20:02

Hello:

Apology if this following sounds a little bit trivia. I looking for
online documents about practical TCP Encapsulation within TCP
implementation. I have already tried without luck the
http://www.normos.org/ , http://www.altavista.org ,
FAQ - comp.protocols.tcp-ip, as well as the holy rfc-index.txt.

What I have in mind is splitting a virtual point to point link
into several queues with TCP windows. What I mean with virtual link
is that there might be several physical hubs between the points.
Each encapsulated TCP window will contain one or more real
TCP packets that are compressed and encrypted.

For example, a link might be split into four queues. One for
Non Maskable/Priority Traffic, one for Small and Medium Packets,
one for Large Packets, and one for forwarding no priority packets
(e.g. "alt.*" traffic).

Hopefully, someone has already implemented something similar.

regards,

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim ------------------------ http://rms46.vlsm.org
-- OSI: Same day service in a nanosecond world --- Interop T-shirt(vJ)