Re: Last Call: An Extension to the Selective Acknowledgement(SACK) Option for TCP to Proposed Standard

2000-03-01 02:10:02
Extension to the Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) Option for TCP
<draft-floyd-sack-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

I thought this was originally proposed as an Experimental RFC

Correct.

When, how and why was this changed? I didn't see any discussion on the
mailing list.

The chairs/ADs deemed it a sufficiently minor (yet useful) change to SACK
that it doesn't seem necessary to go the route of first publishing it as
Experimental.  When the TSVWG working group last call was issued, it was
for publishing the document as Proposed, and we noted:

The document was discussed
at the last IETF and appears to have good support and no controversial
issues.

There were no working group last call comments.

                Vern