history

2000-03-09 08:40:03

i was looking thru some old archives (1982 on - yes, thats right, from
just before this years college kids were born)
of the original tcp-ip maillist
and came across a message from mark crispin about a broken vax mailer
flooding neighbor mailservers with SYNs......amazing how nothings new

see
http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/misc/tcp_ip/
for a slightly incomplete archive of it all
i couldn't find any other archive but if someoen does have it, let me
know and i'll delete mine and point at theirs...

one interesting thing is to look at pre-DNS email addresses - so there
used to be this single file we'd all FTP from ISI with the hosts.txt
listing of name/addresses  - then one day we distributed it....now of
course has to haev a .com, and the nameservers have to zone xfer it
all the time too....so plus ca change, plus c'est le mome raths....

 cheers

   jon