Re: history

2000-03-10 02:20:02
Jon Crowcroft:

see
http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/misc/tcp_ip/
for a slightly incomplete archive of it all
i couldn't find any other archive but if someone does have
it, let me know and i'll delete mine and point at theirs...

Hopefully, there will be permanent URLs for those archives.

so there used to be this single file we'd all FTP from ISI with
the hosts.txt listing of name/addresses  -

I recall that even in 1988, a.cs.uiuc.edu or uiucdcs (then a
VAX-11/750) did "gethostfromnic" once or twice a week.

PS: It is interesting to note that in 1986, a CISCO IP
    gateway(1-4 way) that supports IP/TCP and V.35 cost $7950.

regards,

--
- Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim --  VLSM-TJT --  http://rms46.vlsm.org/ -
- struct {char unstable;void knowledge;float hopes;double income;};