Re: recommendation against publication of draft-cerpa-necp-02.txt

2000-04-07 10:30:04
Leslie,

I understand your point, but we leave ourselves open to many forms of attacks, or errors, by assuming that "what you receive is what was sent" in this era of the Internet. Security is not black and white, but the gray area we're discussing does bother me. If one cares about knowing where the data originated, and that it has not been altered, then one needs to make use of the tools provided to address that concern. if one doesn't use the tools, then one does not care very much, and the results may be surprising :-).

Steve