Re: recommendation against publication of draft-cerpa-necp-02.txt

2000-04-13 14:20:02
At 10:49 AM 13/04/00 -0700, Eliot Lear wrote:
Part of the problem here is that a knife may be used as a food utensil or a
weapon.  Safe handling, however, is always required, and should be
documented.

Granted.

I would add two other comments.  I tried to locate the RFC for HTTP/0.9,
but the best I could find was a reference to a CERN ftp site for the
protocol.

Ooops. s/0.9/1.0 - rfc1945.

  In any case, by the time HTTP got to the IETF it was deployed
over a vast number of end stations, and comparisons to it are probably not
apt.

NECP is a super-set of various load-balancing technologies already deployed at thousands of sites.

Finally, rechartering is precisely what you ought to have done, and should
do, IMHO.

For the record: this is exactly what we are doing. (We were waiting for the two starter documents to be published or at least start their path via the IESG).

Rgds,
John

Network Appliance           Direct / Voicemail: +31 23 567 9615
Kruisweg 799                               Fax: +31 23 567 9699
NL-2132 NG Hoofddorp               Main Office: +31 23 567 9600