Re: recommendation against publication of draft-cerpa-necp-02.txt

2000-04-10 21:10:02
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:50:35 MDT, Vernon Schryver
<vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com>  said:
if "commercial insertion" is a new idea.  The local TV affliate or cable
operator's computers replace a lot of dead air and other people's ads with
their own....as I think about it, I realize I've got to be behind the
times.  I bet many of the so called free ISP's and perhaps others must

Well, on the TV front, not only are they injecting ads over the
top of other less-profitable ads, but they're even doing on-the-fly
manipulation of sports events, injecting faked banners onto shots of
stadium walls..

Makes you wonder who to trust, if a tennis match is being altered in
real time....

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech