Re: recommendation against publication of draft-cerpa-necp-02.txt

2000-04-10 10:10:03
From: Jon Crowcroft <J(_dot_)Crowcroft(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucl(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
its the 21st century:
f you dont use end2end crypto, then you  gotta expect people to optimize
their resources to give you the best service money can buy for the least
they have to spend.
That's an interesting idea.  People might eventually finally start
using end2end crpyto not for privacy or authnetication where they
really care about either, but for performance and correctness, to
defend against the ISP's who find it cheaper to give you the front
page of last week's newspaper instead of today's.

and, since we're into exaggeration and hyperbole, i imagine you won't
complain about paying seven times as much for connectivity.

all these oh so brilliant folk on the anti-cacheing crusade should be
sentenced to live in a significantly less privileged country for a year,
where dialup ppp costs per megabyte of international traffic and an
engineer's salary is $100-200 per month.  we are spoiled brats.

randy