Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-04-20 09:40:03
At 09:59 AM 4/20/00 -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
This draft is very incomplete and in my opinion not ready for prime
time.  The working group has in the past requested lists of protocols
and applications which do not work with NATs.  I have replied
discussing those items for which I am most familiar:

[...snipped]

I think everyone agrees that the draft is incomplete. I've been begging for input for over a year now in the NAT WG meetings and on the NAT list. I've also asked every IETF WG chair for input. Our hope is that through IETF last call, we will get enough contributions such as yours to get a reasonable document together that folks can reference.

Thanks for your help.

-Matt Holdrege