Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-04-20 13:10:03
Also please do not steer this thread towards a NAT bashing-fest. We need to
complete this document and we need constructive input to this draft.

unfortunately, the major premise of the draft is flawed.  there
are far too many problems to NAT, affecting far too many applications,
to make a usefully complete list of the applications that are affected.
and the list is constantly growing larger.

finally, the notion that one can fix NAT's problems with ALGs is
not only incorrect, it's impractical for NATs to support even
the applications for which ALGs are feasible.

Keith