Patent protection from NATs

2000-04-23 07:30:02
To combine the two long-running threads: The solution to the NAT problem
is obvious - we need a submarine patent where somebody claims rights to
NATs and then charges so much for licensing that it makes technically
more sound solutions, say, IPv6, economically attractive. Indeed, I
think we should get together a group of people to patent all the
architecturally bad ideas (call it the "RSI group"), as they'll appear
sooner or later. That will give us 20 years of respite...