Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-04-24 16:30:03
Ohta-san:

| > No, not "or whatever" but "AND whatever".
|
| Do you mean "plug THEM in to your phone line and whatever"?

Yes, that is certainly one possibility.   I imagine the "inside"
interface would be some easy-to-wire LAN interface, enabling THEM
to communicate using whatever protocol/address seems appropriate inside.

I wonder how to decide the trade-off between the additional hardware
complexity of a multi-outside-port box and the additional software
involved in sharing state across several single-outside-port boxes.

        Sean.