Re: PIARA (IP address space economics)

2000-05-08 13:50:02
smd(_at_)ebone(_dot_)net (Sean Doran) wrote:

If steps are taken to avoid the development of a massive black
aftermarket for IPv4 addresses overallocated by IANA et al., by providing
the mechanisms of a "white market" -- notably a public registry of
IP address title, with an exclusive but transferable right to
transfer title to another party --  then I would object much less
strenuously to your draft, since it is fundamentally PIARA, but
with a rather odd auctioning system for the remaining not-yet-allocated
IPv4 address space.

[...]

How do we get it adopted quickly, and get the IANA, APNIC, ARIN and RIPE
to IMMEDIATELY cease offering IPv4 address space to people who do
not FULLY comply with the requirements in your More Restricted Assignment
Plan, and the various RFCs and standards-tract documents it rests upon?

Is this an appropriate discussion for ICANN's ASO policy mailing list?
(Not that I mind reading it here.)

--gregbo