Re: HTML email

2000-05-16 09:50:02
"Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU> wrote:

I wonder how many people are still using plain-text, non-HTML enabled
mail readers?  It still happens on some mailing list, where someone will
send a base-64 encoded html'ified message (usually using MS Outlook),
and someone will send back "try again in English; I don't read that MIME
crap."

I still use plaintext mail readers such as elm, pine, even /usr/ucb/Mail. :)
I prefer to save the attachment off and use a separate program to read it
later, rather than to launch it from the mail program.

from the old school,
--gregbo