Re: HTML email

2000-05-16 01:40:02
At 17:32 15.05.2000 -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
When was the last time you received a multipart/alternative message that
did not make the sender look stupid, malicious, or both?  I can't remember
ever receiving any other kind of multipart/alternative.

FWIW, as a lone Eudora user in a pond of Outlookers, I find Eudora's HTML rendering of messages where people have used Outlook's "reply inline using a different color" to be slightly less hideous than Outlook's idea on how to demontstrate that it is not trivial to make a legible rendering of this particular function in ASCII.

Even if you want to argue that using this Outlook function makes the sender look stupid, there's value for me as the recipient in seeing the HTML rendering and not the ASCII rendering.

Small data point.

                    Harald

Harald(_dot_)Alvestrand(_at_)edb(_dot_)maxware(_dot_)no