Re: Should IETF do more to fight computer crime?

2000-05-22 12:40:03
In message <v04210103b54f26125316(_at_)[130(_dot_)237(_dot_)150(_dot_)138]>,
Jacob Palme writes:
Does there exist a mailinglist specially oriented towards
cybercrime and its prevention? If not, should we start such
a list?

I don't know of any such list.  But -- as we've learned in the IETF
about working group charters -- unless it's very narrowly focused, it's
just going to turn into a flamefest, and won't contribute at all to any
real solutions.  For example, the techniques necessary to deal with
DDoS flooding attacks are not at all related to the techniques that one
would use to combat your favorite form of "illegal" content (kiddie
porn, Nazi propaganda, Metallica MP3s, truthful and accurate
information about the local dictatorship, etc.).

                --Steve Bellovin