NAT Checkpoint Firewall 1

2000-06-10 02:40:02
Hi !

Installed Checkpoint Firewall 1 with three Network Interface.
One is connecting to the outside world, one to local-net and other to DMZ. (for
Local-net and DMZ 192.168.xx.xx ip address has been used)
configured  the workstation properties of the mail server using static NAT.
i use the route add command on the fire wall machine for mapping the Private
IP address of the mail server to Public one.

PROBLEM

1) My mail server is on the Local-net From the firewall i cannot ping the mail
server Private IP address (192.168.xx.xx), but i can ping the network interface
connected to the local-net on the firewall machine . i cannot even ping the
Public IP  address which i have map to the mail-srv.

2) My alternate DNS server is on the DMZ. which has an IP Address
192.168.xx.xx. i can ping the Private IP address of the DNS server but not the
Public IP Address which is mapped using the static NAT Rule.I have configured
Route ADD command for mapping Public to Private IP Address.

3) On the Local-Net all the PC's are configured to surf the internet using HIDE
Mode NAT to the External interface of the firewall its working fine.

If any one know where the problem is please let me know

Thank You

regards