RE: Email Privacy eating software

2000-07-19 07:40:03
"I use the computer to access the Internet, yes," I said, rather proud of
myself for my accuracy.
"Is there any pornography on it?" she said, stoically.

I belive she ment the Computer not the Internet.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Stracke [mailto:francis(_at_)ECAL(_dot_)COM]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 3:16 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Email Privacy eating software

Matt Holdrege wrote:

I'm not sure what "sounds a bit overmuch" to you.  Have a look at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid%5F150000/150465.stm

How is this different than looking in your bags for porn magazines or
videotapes? How is looking at your stored email different than looking at
your paper correspondence?

Read it again--they were apparently going to use their program to view a
known
porn site, not porn on his hard drive.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|