Re: 100th Issue of The COOK Report on Internet (September 2000)

2000-07-21 06:30:02
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:23:22 PDT, "Michael Reilly <Michael Reilly" said:
Just wondering - does anyone know why this was sent to us?
BLB

SPAM

Umm.. to be correct, the proper term is probably "spewage".   True SPAM
is either the brand name for an alledgedly-edible canned meat product, or
mail sent with little or no regard for whether the recipient is interested.

For all of Gordon's faults, I think he was convinced that the IETF membership
was at least tangentially interested.. 4 news items, one each on network
management tools, network infrastructure, ICANN, and BGP.  Last I heard,
the IETF was at least slightly concerned with what ICANN was doing, although
the NANOG people are probably more interested in the Cogent Comm and BGP
articles.

Certainly more on topic than advertisement for HP printer supplies, anyhow ;)

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst