Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-07-21 07:00:02
Greg Skinner wrote:

The IETF might perhaps take an advocacy position for traditional Internet
service.  An RFC on the order of "Full Internet Access is Good" might
sway a few people who are unaware of the wealth of services a full
provider offers.  On the other hand, a provider that actually offers
such services is much more likely (imho) to have success among a
potential customer base for them, and arguably has more resources to do so.
By this I mean the money for a PR campaign, advertising, etc.

On the other other hand, such a PR campaign might be able to gain some weight
by quoting the RFC.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |