Operations and Management Area Open Meeting

2000-07-29 02:10:02
The O&M Area (OPS) will have an open meeting on thursday afternoon
(see agenda).

The purpose of this meeting is, like previous O&M Area open meetings,
to present/discuss current hot topics in our Area and as a general
forum to discuss common issues.

The OPS co-ADs discussed this a bit, and we felt that folk should
hear from _at_least_ those WGs/RGs/BOFs included in the agenda:

  o Pass out Blue sheets, volunteer/assign scribe

  o Agenda Bashing

  o AAA - proposal evaluation process and results

  o BMWG - how come this WG is so darned productive?

  o IEPS BOF - what are the operational/management aspects to consider?

  o NIM BOF - is it time for a new network information model?

  o NMRG - status on SNMP research issues. ready to move some to IETF?

  o RMONMIB - where are we wrt application peformance monitoring?

  o SNMPCONF - what we've done, where we are going

  o MBONED - which protocol pieces are moving and where

  o GRIP - where/how to go on the ISP expectations document

  o NGTRANS - document status and new deployment stories

  o wrapup

Other working groups are *extremely* welcome and downright solicited to
join the agenda and/or make suggestion(s) for other agenda items.  Again,
let us know ASAP if you want to contribute and how much time you expect to
need.

Thanks.

Bert and Randy