I-D no action period

2000-07-29 07:40:03
I would like to propose the introduction of a "no action" period
for Internet Drafts.  Upon (re)publication of an I-D, no action
(except removal) would be allowed upon the I-D for a short
period of time (two weeks?).  No LAST CALLs, no submission
to AD, IESG, RFC-Editor, etc.  This would allow the community a
brief opportunity to point out any flaws in the revisions to
responsible parties desiring to take action upon the I-D.  I
know of a number of cases where immediate action was taken
upon I-Ds with significant flaws which were pointed out within
days of the publication.   A "no action" period would allow a
small window of last minute community review.

        Kurt