Re: I-D no action period

2000-07-29 22:10:02
At 12:12 PM 7/29/00 -0400, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
I would like to propose the introduction of a "no action" period for
Internet Drafts.  Upon (re)publication of an I-D, no action (except
removal) would be allowed upon the I-D for a short period of time
(two weeks?).  No LAST CALLs, no submission to AD, IESG, RFC-Editor,
etc.
       [trimmed...]
A "no action" period would allow a small window of last minute
community review.

Isn't that what a last call is?  A two-week window for last minute
community review?

The current process does not provide any mechanism for review
by the community of any changes made based upon LAST CALL comments.
That is, an individual makes comments which prompts changes.
The community, let alone this individual, often are not given any
opportunity to review the changes made.