Dot.Com Directory Proposal for IETF (www.3165742.com)

2000-08-01 14:50:03

--- Casey Farrell <oh_yeah_dot_net(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

  Casey Farrell <oh_yeah_dot_net(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

  Casey Farrell <oh_yeah_dot_net(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

C45EY F422ELL,  DE516NE2
              7UE5D4Y

54N F24NC15CO, C4L1FO2N14
   4U6U57 1, 2000

477N: N4NO6/1EF7 & 1C4NN MEM3E25-47-L426E

                            HELLO!

        As you can see by the title; Dot.Com
Directory, we need one, and I am proposing this-that
the Dot.Com Directory be called "BIG STAR" after my
316 5742 'playbill' for San Francisco's North Bay
counties, circa 1988. This was a single yellow sheet
with forest-green ink, the idea was to do
announcements for little heard-of acts in
fair-to-middlin' clubs, cafes, and theaters, or 'Big
Name' acts in small venue settings out in the
Boondocks!' Therefore, Big Star; small venue. So, in
theory you could have a series of annoucncement of
club dates and appearances, something like this-

     -1989-

  7UE5D4Y, M4Y 8

3O3 DYL4N & 7HE 24VEN5 @ MOLLY M4C6U12E'5, 571N5ON
3E4CH, 8:00 P.M.

    WEDNE5D4Y, M4Y 9

K1D K4HO7EK & 7HE COME75, @ NEW 6EO26E'5, 54N
24F4EL, 574275 47 M1DN16H7

       THU25DAY, M4Y 10

COLLE6E OF M421N 7HE472E, "547Y4J17 24Y F1LM
FE571V4L" 3E61N5 47 9:00 P.M.

and so-forth, the ONLY thing that is 'DIFFERENT' is
the "www.!" I will print some soon as TABLOID

BROADSHEET, NEWSPAPER, etc. PERIODICAL "COLUMN" as
was the original-and although they were distributed
widely across MARIN in various locations, as "No
Name Bar" in Sausalito,

"Caffe Nuvo" in San Anselmo, the Fairfax, San
Rafael, & Mill Valley Libraries, The DEPOT and
PEET's in Mill Valley, Sweetwater, and Davoods, etc.
LARKSPUR LANDING'S" "brewery & books" were also
copies distributed to Petaluma (McNear's) (more than
48 locations had some 150 copies!) As they were
double sided and interesting to look at as a puzzle
or graffitti, there were almost always picked up
before any of the other stacks of papers or flyers.
It only took a second to

figure out the day or place-then you would settel in
for a minute try and "GROK!" the act! So, there was
the idea that each paper was worth "a Buck" if youy
wanted to subscribe-or, some of the Cafe's enjoyed
buying a stack to entertain the Satrday and Sunday
morning crowds. Kind-of a TOURITA souvenir of the
the home of the "Rockers?" (uh, FOLK SINGERS?)
Anyway MUSIICANS and THEATER we had by the
bucket-Sausalito had the "COYO7E 21N6"  An AMERICAN
version of the German masterwork...and done at night
in several locations, perambulating theater! Or
howabout "5H4KE5PE42E @ MOND4V1 W1NE2Y?" and again
under the stars!

Santa Rosa (Railroad Square) and St. Helena. The
idea was to bring the listeners to the music. And
sometimes that might be in Bolinas, or Napa (Rainbow
Bridge), or Cotati, or Bodega, or Rohnert Park (Inn
of the Beginning), or Marshall Hotel. Occasionally
San Mateo, Berkeley, Santa Cruz ("Catalyst")Mostly
'Bay Area', mostly 'North' and mostly 'Coast!
(Actually MOSTLY "Marin!")

So I am suggesting that I set out the first true and
real Dot.Com Directory which is FOCUSED on the
'real' Internet folks, not just the giant corporate
groups, but the little 'bike-clinic' 'organic
farmer'

'piano lesson'  'web-spert' 'soil-management'
'public-health nurse'  'shool-in-the-valley' Bill's
Flowers'

'Clarinda's Bakery' 'Shoes-for-Less'
'Donnies-Cleaners', etc? I am proposing that the
SITE be SET up with various type, sizes and shapes
and colors,  for greatest visability-and there be a
seperate site which does the same thing but in
LOGOS!

Let's call the whole thing as I described
here-having left out that I also had this previously
as "MAP-GRAPHICS" design Tee-Shirts with
accompanying POSTCARD cello-wrapped and sent-BY MAIL
ORDER out of SAUSALITO, (with a few in local stores
as "surfer" wear!) I had the shirts screened  by the
same guys who do GreenPeace and HardRock
Cafe,(WINTERLAND ) it was pretty neat, but way way
ahead of its time in quality and conceptualization.
NOW is a good time ...Why not?

  http://www.3165742.com

And also when the LOGO page is accessed it will be
more of a 'neon rush' if the DIRECTORY NAME is way
cool too, No?  "Big Star" ...'dot-com.'

(See if they DONT have a LOGO yet...the idea is that
we can "hook-up" an ARTIST. If they need a
WEBMASTER..."ditto!" The current problem out there
with the various "REGISTRY" companies, is that htey
are DAMN POOR at regitring DOMAIN NAMES....and at
the same time, want to ENGAGE in OTHER THAN
REGISTRATION ASPECTS of the "WEB-GAME?" Hey! "HOw
about sticking with ...JOB ONE?" And THEN when they
get 'that' RIGHT then they can get into $600,000
".................web-page design!"  Let the WEB
PAGE DESIGNERS do the JOB and let the KIDS who are
still LEARNING 'stuff'.... do the
REGISTRATION....under STRICT SUPERVISION, Okay?

=== message truncated ===

=====
redwingblakburdz(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com