imode far superior to wap

2000-08-09 06:50:03
Apparently WAP is collapsing, both in terms of the general opinion
of engineers and pundits, and now customer revenues.  The Invisible
Hand needs to slap some sense into the overly-greedy WAP Forum and
their all-too-pervasive accomplices.

Imode is far more widely used in Japan, as it is a very superior open
standard that anyone can author and browse on any platform.  I would
ask that everyone in the IETF who cares about these things make an
informal personal effort to try to get cellular carriers to migrate
towards a solution like imode.  Looking around a Google search on
"imode" will pretty clearly show how it works.

I don't know if cellular phones cause brain damage (although perhaps
that could explain the WAP Forum's pathetic bytecode-based rejection
of Moore's Law), but trying to use WAP is like viewing Medusans in
the Star Trek universe [TOS episode 60, "Is There In Truth No Beauty?"
http://www.lcarscom.net/tos3.htm ].

Cheers,
James