Re: imode far superior to wap

2000-08-11 11:20:02
Masataka Ohta wrote:

The guy from NTT Docomo who spoke at Adelaide mentioned it.  I don't
remember
details, though.

The detail you wrote in IETF ML on:

        Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 14:30:54 -0400

in

is

: Didn't someone from DOCOMO present in Adelaide, and say they were
: planning to go to running IP in the handsets?

That's all.

I guess you don't understand the phrase "end-to-end", the essence of
the Internet.

Of course I do.  Why are you insulting me? And why are you treating my former
post
as the only existing information on the topic?

He *did* say they intended to go to IP; I'm pretty sure he said they wanted to
go
to end-to-end IP.  Unfortunately, my notes from the plenary are pretty sketchy,
and the proceedings just have his slides, which talk about "Further convergence
IETF Internet standard" once they start deploying 3G, but don't give details.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|