Re: imode far superior to wap

2000-08-11 00:10:02
Nilsson;

I'm afraid that ssh for phone is just another telephantisms. :-)

Compared to your much healthier view, yes. I do agree that it is very
interesting. I was perhaps thinking the same but failed to express; the
hand terminal is going to be a computing device with voice capability
rather than a phone with datacom kludges. Then it is immediately obvious
why one wants to make a VT-style terminal connection to it. :-) (ie SSH)

Huh?

You may have your reasons. However, commercially speaking, next
obvious step of the evolution of mobile Internet terminals is
removal of ten keys replaced by those of Nintendos and Play
Stations.

People will be busy to play network games with their own special
protocols over flat rated mobile Internet.

That's why end to end transparancy is commecially important.

People can still input numbers and other characters slowly (some
quickly) for less important applications like phone calling or
web browsing.

                                                Masataka Ohta