Re: imode far superior to wap

2000-08-10 12:00:02
Masataka Ohta wrote:

Nilsson;

I doubt that you will find support from IETF folks for something that
breaks the end-to-end model of IP (as Imode and WAP do as they are
implemented today). I want to be able to ssh to my phone (or
equivalent). Anything below that is just telephantisms.

I'm afraid that ssh for phone is just another telephantisms. :-)

Compared to your much healthier view, yes. I do agree that it is very
interesting. I was perhaps thinking the same but failed to express; the
hand terminal is going to be a computing device with voice capability
rather than a phone with datacom kludges. Then it is immediately obvious
why one wants to make a VT-style terminal connection to it. :-) (ie SSH)

--
Måns Nilsson                    DNS Technichian
+46 709 174 840                 NIC-SE