Re: more on IPv6 address space exhaustion

2000-08-11 20:40:04
good god we have the lobbyists trying to engineer the Internet
now - everyone is an expert it seems. :-(

vint

At 06:19 PM 8/11/2000 -0700, Greg Skinner wrote:
the commission is not responsible for the assignment of IP address space
is it???

No, but if they convince the address registries that it is necessary,
and they implement it, I think we might still need NAT.

FYI, the last report I heard featured an interview with Don Telage of
NSI.  Apparently, the commission had considered doing this "zoning"
based on TLDs, but now they're looking at IPv6 address space.

--gregbo

WorldCom
22001 Loudoun County Parkway
Building F2, Room 4115, ATTN: Vint Cerf