Proactive security and adaptability

2000-08-18 11:20:02
Hello

I was reading the article Securing Ad hoc Networks authored by Zygmund Haas
and Lidong Zhou and there are some ideas I wanted to exchange with them. I
do not have their e-mails, so have to write to mailing list. Sorry folks.
Besides, it may be interesting to somebody else.

Questions:
1. In the section "3.3 Proactive security and adaptability" you have
mentioned the share update. It was a bit unclear to me how to prevent the
compromised nodes from participating in share update and stay inside the
service. Thus compromised servers are not excluded. It seems to me that
nodes must employ some sort of algorithm to detect compromised nodes.

2. In the same section. Does threshold cryptography ensures that only t+1 or
more nodes may perform share update. This was not clear from the text of the
article.

Regards
Salavat