Re: Multimedia EMSD? (was Re: Mobile Multimedia Messaging Service)

2000-09-18 03:00:02

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 01:55:21 -0700 (PDT), "James P. Salsman"
<bovik(_at_)best(_dot_)com> said:

  >> Those who want to build good things and move forward fast, can evaluate
  >> the merits of LEAP and participate in its evolution and enhancement.
  >>
  >> The starting point URL is: http://www.leapforum.org/

  James> Would you confirm, please, that the LEAP Efficient Mail Submission and
  James> Delivery protocol (EMSD) is capable of MIME messages with multimedia
  James> content?

Confirmed.

Please see sections 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 of RFC-2524, pages (58-62).

  James> I am concerned that the string "multipart" does not appear on:

  James>   http://www.emsd.org/dataCom/emsd/emsdRfcs/emsdp-rfc/split/node10.html

"multipart" as a string, is a value.

Structure of the Body is through MIME.

...Mohsen.