Re: Standartization of User Input for find\search engines

2000-10-14 14:00:02
Hi.

While some [additional] work would probably be useful, the IETF
has traditionally focused on on-the-wire protocols and avoided
user interface issues and standards as in neither our area or
our area of main competence.  If you want to pursue this, I'd
recommend some of the professional or standards groups concerned
about either human factors in computing or information search
and retrieval. My recollection is that there has been some
standardization work done by organizations in those areas, but
that it has mostly been ignored in the marketplace.  But this
could be a good time to try again.

best wishes.

--On Saturday, 14 October, 2000 18:29 +0200 Levinboim Family