Re: Standartization of User Input for find\search engines

2000-10-15 12:20:02
Hello:

I am not aware of any efforts to standardize the operators in search
strings. However, I agree with and
felt the need for such standardization as it facilitates universal
interface.

Regards,

Srihari Varada

Levinboim Family wrote:

As far as I'm aware of, there's no RFC\Draft or standard of any kind
at the subject. there isn't even a standard for simple operations like
AND, OR, and NOT, for example, one can search: ietf and rfc  - at one
search engine +ietf +rfc - at another and this is just a simple
search,There should also be a standard mechanism for multiple searches
and complex searches. Please correct me if I'm wrong.I believe some
work can and is needed to be done in the field.any comments? Tomer
Levinboim