Re: "mobile" orthogonal to wide-area wireless

2000-10-18 10:50:02
Klass,

Thanks for your reply:

Is there any compelling reason why wireless IP needs to
be "mobile" in the sense of traversing networks?

yes, I don't want to pay my expensive cellular operator when near a
wireless LAN access point.

That's a good reason, but it doesn't require such a drastic solution.

I would rather have one address for a wireless WAN interface and
another address for a wireless LAN interface -- which seems to be
doable today -- much more than I want to wait for the solution
with "Mobile IP" address traversal to become commercially available.

Cheers,
James