Re: "mobile" orthogonal to wide-area wireless

2000-10-18 12:40:02

In Message-Id:
<200010180742(_dot_)AAA09870(_at_)shell9(_dot_)ba(_dot_)best(_dot_)com>
James said:
Is there any compelling reason why wireless IP needs to
be "mobile" in the sense of traversing networks?

My opinion is yes, just so others can reach you/your server.
                                            ^^^

If you are running services on your portable (c'mon, my
portable is pretty powerfull, especially compared to the
old VAX I used) and you want others to consistently have
the ability to use them, I suspect MobileIP is the way
to go.  I'm still wondering about this.

- R/db                ( daryl(_dot_)bunce(_at_)attws(_dot_)com )
    The Moon is Waning Gibbous (68% of Full)