Re: Bake-off as trademark

2000-11-06 18:20:03

I've been approached regarding the use of the
(claimed-to-be) trademarked term bake-off. It
would be helpful if somebody can provide credible
evidence that this term has been used within
the technical community for many years.

Did you know that Paramount Pictures has asserted trademark status for all
of the names of the characters in the original Star Trek series?  Only in
America!

Hmmm..... That is interesting in that I have a friend called James T. Kirk (the
T. is for Thomas instead of Tiberius). Does this mean that in the event of
paramount discovering the existence of this individual, they will sue him to
change his name ?

On the subject at hand though, I do not believe that a Trademark appies in this
case due to the fact that "bake-Off" is not a term that can be specifically and
individually applied to one company or product.

Just my two cents :-)

Jim