Re: How many cooks?

2000-12-04 08:00:03
From: Matt Crawford <crawdad(_at_)fnal(_dot_)gov>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: How many cooks?

Is the IETF now competing with scholarly journals in the race
for
``most authors on a single paper''?  (No offense intended to
the
parties listed above, but you'll pardon me if I get a little
uncomfortable with the idea of a 29-page document having 26
official
authors.)
Relax.  For perspective, look at some of the high energy
physics
papers that come out of THIS laboratory!

At least the drafts coming into the IETF don't show the
same behavior as scientific papers, which is that title
length directly correlates with the number of authors.

Melinda