Re: Will Language Wars Balkanize the Web?

2000-12-04 07:50:04
At 10:59 PM 12/4/00 +0859, Masataka Ohta wrote:
> Thank you.  I was hoping someone would point out the support for parallel
> operation so we could go further down that path.  As you note, it seems to
> be the closest to providing local/global support already.

Silly comparison.

Thank you.  We always seek to entertain.

Efficient postal system works with numbers so called zip code.

Zip/postal code is not required.

The example given was of country string in 'global' form and remainder in local.

Postal address with various characters needs human intervention for
complex matching and is similar not to DNS but to search engines.

Machines frequently process the strings, but that is not relevant to the nature and use of the strings.

They are addresses, pertaining to location. Search engines are for free-form keywords. Not the same at all.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464