Re: Will Language Wars Balkanize the Web?

2000-12-05 09:20:03
At 18.05 +0900 00-12-05, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
ACE is (maybe) for machines. It's not primarily intended for humans.
We may have ACE all the way (including TLD). It might be usable as a
poor man's ASCII equivalent, but I strongly doubt that anybody will
want to have it on the Latin side of their name card.

I would, because I know that people in many parts of the world don't know how to enter "sömos" on their keyboard, and if I register the domain "snömos.se", I really want people to be able to get to

  http://www.snömos.se

so, if I think it is perfectly alright to have

  http://www.bq--abzw55tnn5zq.se

on my buissnes card (aswell).

   paf