Example of dns (non) fun iv

2000-12-06 08:30:03

Claus said:
http://www.déjà.fr/
http://www.deja.fr/
This is really not new at all. Today, we do already have domains that
are very similar: foobar.com vs. foo-bar.com vs. foobarr.com vs. ...
foobar.com vs. foobár.com is not much different.
Claus

Dan K says:
1) your right. with your tld .de I assume for the moment you also speak
German. The difference is what you 'try' when a url doesn't work. If you tried:

http://ßrehct.de

and it didn't work you would probably try:

http://brehct.de

The difference is whether you think the lack of connectivity is a spelling
error; foobar versus foobarr,
or a systemic misunderstanding. The cause of non connectivity is a new axis
of freedom for error.

regards,
Dan Kolis