Re: Internationalization and the IETF (Re: Will Language Wars Balkanize the Web?)

2000-12-07 08:30:03
Keith Moore wrote:

Furthermore, a
great many people use multiple languages (not necessarily including
English) is, so that a given person, host, or subnetwork will often
need to exist in multiple (potentially competing) locales at once.

Sometimes even in the same sentence.  My mother grew up partly in Quebec;
when she's talking to her siblings, they'll often use French words when the
English ones don't come to mind immediately.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|