Re: NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-17 20:20:01

In message
<200012180225(_dot_)VAA22463(_at_)ginger(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>, "J.
Noel Chiappa" writes
:

I mean, once you're behind a NAT box, you've got a *lot* of addresses to play
with (how many, exactly, depends on how you're doing it). This is puzzling to
me - what configurations are there out there that demand more address space,
internally, than you already get with one layer of NAT box? Or is there some
other reason I haven't figured out to have layers of address space?

Most *DSL providers only give you one or two addresses; some of them are
even NAT'ed, which forces a small company (or something like my home network)
to use a double-NAT.
-Angelos