RE: An alternative to TCP (part 1)

2001-02-06 18:00:02
Larry Foore wrote:
Is this really a problem?  How often would a single TCP session have
allocated to itself an entire gigabit link?  I'm not aware of any end
systems or apps that generate data at this rate (especially for any
extended
length of time), much less accept it.  Maybe I'm looking at this wrong.

Just over too short a time window. 15 years ago the same was said for 2Mbps
rates when people started thinking about moving up to a whopping 45.  Think
10 years out and the question becomes 'who would be willing to settle for as
little as 1Gbps per connect?'

Tony