Re: An alternative to TCP (part 1)

2001-02-06 18:50:02
Larry Foore <lfoore(_at_)tantivy(_dot_)com> writes:

How often would a single TCP session have allocated to itself an
entire gigabit link?

At SC2000 there was an application (non-interlaced HDTV) using
1.5Gbps.

A web search brings up this:
http://ssadler.phy.bnl.gov/adler/sc2k/sc2kpg3.html

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and you are
requested to please notify us immediately by telephone at
(321-956-8846) and return the original message to the address above.

I guess I just violated that by quoting you.

--
Stanislav Shalunov              http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/

"Nuclear war would really set back cable [television]."  -- Ted Turner