Re: To whom is ICANN answerable?

2001-02-08 09:40:03
1. The web page of IETF which gives an overview of IETF
(http://www.ietf.org/overview.html) says:

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is a large
open international community of network designers, operators,
vendors, and researchers concerned with the evolution of the
Internet architecture and the smooth operation of the Internet.
It is open to any interested individual.

So, IETF is not just a body of ENGINEERING people.

2. IETF mailing list, which is a "general mailing list related to
internet" need not be so much concerned about grape juice, but
ICANN, may be yes.

3. As suggested by John C Klensin, I want to avoid flame-fest on
this list. I will take this up in more ICANN specific forum. I will
not be replying on this topic any more.

regards,
ravi.

Randy Bush wrote:

I found this news report of some concern
glad to hear it.  but it does not seem to be an internet ENGINEERING
issue.
So, who's issue is it then?

first, i don't know whose issue grape juice is either.  i just know it's not
an ietf issue.  the ietf is not the internet's default garbage can.

second, i suspect that the icann has mailing lists.  you may want to look
for them.

randy