Re: Multicast

2001-03-09 09:10:02
Gunnar;

Please explain what's wrong with my take on multicast scalability:

Every time a new sender shows up, the entire multicast core (RPs,
right now those running MSDP in the default free zone) has to be
informed. To "show up", the host just starts sending data.

You are wrong to say "multicast scalability" instead of "MSDP
scalability".

    1)        An indivivual sender - host, my Linux PC - affects routing
      information in the entire router core. Just send data.
      There are a few hosts on the Internet.

Assume technology evolves fast enough to solve 1).

No, it does not.

My claim is that it doesn't scale to allow individual hosts to affect
the Interet core routing system. What do I miss?

Then entire multicast (actually MSDP) core has nothing to do with
the Internet core routing system.

                                                        Masataka Ohta